Why does the body need salt?
Sodium is an essential trace mineral found in salt. The body needs this for a variety of functions.
It can support:
contracting and relaxing muscles
maintaining proper fluid balance and preventing dehydration
sending nervous system impulses
preventing low blood pressure
Himalayan Pink Salt – Benefits
Improves Respiratory Problems
Balances Body’s pH
Himalayan pink salt’s rich mineral content can help balance your body’s pH levels. You may think this is no big deal, but when your pH has a healthy acid-to-alkaline ratio, it makes a huge difference in your overall health. A proper pH helps foster your immunity and encourages good digestion. Since Himalayan pink salt contains sodium as well as other electrolytes, it has a direct effect on the pH of your blood.
Better Sleep Inducer
Himalayan pink salt is said to help encourage better, more restful sleep due to its high mineral content. It may be hard to believe, but eating enough salt in your diet daily is actually key to a good night’s rest as a natural sleep aid.
Additional health benefits of Himalayan salt may include:
- Regulation of the water levels within the body for the proper overall functioning
- Helping reduce common signs of aging
- Encouraging healthy blood sugar levels
- Promoting cellular energy creation
- Reducing cramping (like leg cramps)
- Improving the absorption of nutrients from foods
- Aiding vascular health
- Lowering the incidence of sinus problems and promoting overall sinus health
- Providing circulatory support
- Improving bone strength
- Fostering a healthy libido
- Promoting kidney and gallbladder health in comparison to chemically treated table salt
When Himalayan pink salt is used to create a lamp, it just may provide your home or office with cleaner air. One of the main Himalayan salt lamp benefits is its supposed ability to clean the air. How? By its inherent nature as a salt, the lamp (which is a block of pure Himalayan pink salt) attracts water vapor to it as well as air pollutants. The water vapor evaporates due to the lamp’s heat, but the dust and allergens remain in the salt instead of getting into your body.
A More Natural Salt
Himalayan pink salt is more natural than table salt. This claim appears to have merit.
Table salt is usually heavily refined and mixed with anti-caking agents to prevent clumpings, such as sodium aluminosilicate or magnesium carbonate,
Himalayan pink salt is less artificial and does not usually contain additives.